Thursday, July 17, 2008

Sam spent the week at a day camp!


It's hard to believe my baby is old enough to have just spent the last 4 mornings at a day camp. He went to camp at Granite State Gymnastics and spent a lot of time playing games, doing crafts and swimming! The first day was the hardest, I was shaky and nervous the whole morning and especially on the drive there. When we arrived there were tons of older kids running around and I could tell Sam felt overwhelmed. At around 9am I found out that he was the only 3 year old enrolled for the week which made me even more nervous for him. Thankfully there were a number of 4 and 5 year olds with him and he's tall so I think he can get away with being a bit younger. After I left him there I burst into tears and was just a mess the whole ride! I know, Mike laughed and thought it was funny, but I have never really left him with anyone except family before so this is all new to me. To make a long story short Sam had a great week and I think he was a bit sad for it to all end today when I picked him up. Hard to believe in just another month and 1/2 he'll be going to preschool...oh how time flies!

No comments: